We’re growing at an impressive rate as we continue to broaden and deepen the solutions we provide for our global Enterprise clients.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a result of our success, we’re looking for a Revenue Analyst to join our Business Operations team. You’ll be working as part of a small but busy Finance function, where you will be supporting our Financial Controller with responsibilities including client invoicing and revenue management. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and great attention to detail and will enjoy building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Key Elements of The Role
- Liaising with Clients and their finance teams
- Responding to Client enquiries
- Chasing overdue payments via telephone and email
- Balance sheet reconciliation including deferred income
- Managing collection of payments
- Processing invoices
- Production of deferred income schedules
- Ad hoc finance duties
A Bit About You
- Experience in a revenue analyst/credit control role
- Qualified or working towards CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- System skills –Xero or other accounting software
- Advanced Excel skills
- Attention to detail and ability to self-review work
- Ability to understand and follow processes and identify potential improvements
- Proactive and works on own initiative
- Energy, drive and flexibility of approach to work in a fast-paced business where you’ll be exposed to a breadth of experience
Clarify exists to inspire others to change the game so they believe they can. We can only do this with like-minded individuals who care passionately about doing the right thing, being a contributor, a leader, a mentor and in many cases an inspiration.
Nowhere is this culture more evident than in the Clarify Foundation, our charitable cause which gives team members the opportunity to make a contribution beyond the world of business. It’s our way of giving something back that delivers a real and lasting impact on the lives of other people.
As well as local voluntary projects, this includes supporting an international development programme in Uganda, where we send a team of four employees each year to undertake a range of tasks – just one of the many examples of the spirit and dedication we have to making positive change happen.
Day-to-day we also invest a huge amount in creating the right environment that will bring the best out of our people, helping them really shape the future of business, and themselves.
Continuous improvement, opportunities to grow, autonomy, flexibility and care are all by-words for the Clarify culture – something which has been the driving force for our success since our incorporation in 2003.